Sunday, February 1, 2009

I think I only got into college because I had smart friends

It is disconcerting how poorly I handle night shift. What is night shift, really? Just being alone a lot. I am proud of people who do well with being alone. I think that people are meant to live in herds. Why else are we slowly migrating in like moths to a flame? People over generations are tumbling towards city life, leaving even the most beautiful of places for the creations and elations of the pack. Mystic hermits notwithstanding there is something we need other people for. Particularly me. I seem to need other people in order to be happy, and in order to want to do anything other than sleep. This I find disconcerting.

I am eating an Otter Pop and it is delicious. I wish I could make myself work on something, but I think I will read instead.






1 comment:

Maryanne said...

Agreed. However, the city seems to have the lonliest people.